Constance and George Fearing Library
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 1 -5 pm
Due to the forthcoming renovation project, the Library will be closing indefinitely on October 15. We apologize for any inconvenience. For information, please call the number above or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Library collects materials on art criticism and art history with an emphasis on Asian, Latin American, American, European, Contemporary art and Fine Art Photography, and those artists represented in the Museum's permanent collection. In addition to books on these topics the collection also includes:
- Reference art dictionaries, encyclopedias, directories and indexes
- Art journals and periodicals
- Artist files of clippings, pamphlets, exhibition notices and brochures
- Art Gallery exhibition catalogs
- SBMA exhibition archives
The primary purpose of the library is to serve the information needs of the Museum staff, volunteers and members; however we welcome the general public as well. Telephone and email inquiries are answered as time permits. We also offer:
- Research assistance to all visitors.
- Referral to additional resources.
To Members of the Museum
- Access to Art Sales Index On-line (fine art auction records from 1929 to the present).
- Borrowing of library materials.
The library’s on-line catalog is a work in progress. Several thousand titles of the library’s 50,000 volumes are listed at www.CentralCoastMuseums.org. If you do not find what you are seeking, please contact the librarian at email@example.com or 805.884.6451.